MORGANTOWN, WV (West Virginia Illustrated) – Three members of the West Virginia University women’s soccer team have been named to the Canadian Women’s Soccer U-20 National Team for the upcoming CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship.
Freshman midfielder Maya Ladhani, freshman forward Leonie Portelance and sophomore goalkeeper Kayza Massey will represent Canada as part of a 20-member squad that will compete in the tournament from Feb. 22 – March 8 in the Dominican Republic.
Canada will begin play with group matches against El Salvador, Guatemala and Jamaica. The competition will then move to a bracket format beginning with the Round of 16.
Ladhani and Portelance arrived in Morgantown in January as part of the 2020 signing class. Massey appeared in four matches in net for the Mountaineers last season, earning a 1-1 record and finishing with 0.62 goals against average.
For more information on the Mountaineers, follow @WVUWomensSoccer on Twitter.
- Local church groups gather for those at the front lines of COVID-19
- Boyd County Salvation Army remains open through pandemic
- Holz Elementary School holds ‘Honk & Holler’ parade for students
- Two care centers closing until further notice as a result of COVID-19 pandemic
- Police see increase in fatal crashes since “Stay at Home” order issued
- WV Gov. Justice addresses rumors about stay-at-home order
- Child abuse dangers during COVID-19
- KCHD recommends keeping Judicial Annex closed until April 27
- 90 new coronavirus cases in Kentucky; six additional deaths
- President Trump approves COVID-19 disaster declaration for West Virginia