LOGAN COUNTY, WV (WOWK) — A Logan County man was arrested for unarmed robbery after he demanded $400,000 from Walgreens cashiers.
Clifford Caldwell Jr., 36, of Lyburn, was arrested for unarmed robbery for attempting to obtain money during the incident.
The Logan County Sheriff Office responded at 1:11 p.m. Saturday, July 11, 2020, to a possible robbery taking place at the Walgreens Pharmacy located at 260 Huff Creek Highway in Man.
Dispatchers were told Caldwell was allegedly carrying a bag, demanding money in the amount of $400,000, beating his hands on the counter, and asking the employees to open cabinets.
The deputy was advised Caldwell was unarmed but the employees did not know what was in the bag and were nervous about what he might do.
Caldwell allegedly admitted he came to the store under the influence of drugs. Caldwell allegedly said the $400,000 he demanded was from winning the lottery, according to deputies.
Caldwell is currently at Southwestern Regional Jail awaiting his arraignment.
- COVID-19 outbreak at Ironton healthcare facility
- Former NY mayor dies, 2 others hospitalized in food processor explosion
- Latest COVID-19 Stimulus Bill in limbo in Congress
- WV transplant helps grow recreation in the Elk River area
- COVID-19 surge hospital accepts first patient
- Kentucky mask mandate extended for 30 days
- Tuition waivers available for dependents of employees at WVSU
- Two new COVID-19 deaths in Mingo County
- Beshear set to give COVID-19 update
- Kanawha Avenue to close part of Sunday