MINGO COUNTY, WV (WOWK) – The Mingo County Sheriffs Department wants to advise residents of a potential Facebook scam.
The department said they received complaints yesterday of a female attempting to scam residents in the Mingo, Logan and Pike County areas.
“The female states she has concert tickets for sale, photos of the tickets are sent to the potential buyer but upon payment, the female states she never had them or does not return calls or messages,” officials said in a prepared statement.
If you feel you have been taken advantage of by this person please contact Chief Joe Smith or Cpl. Allen Mounts at 304-235-0300.
- ‘The Maker’s Center’ innovates as it creates PPE for front-line heroes
- Severe Storms Possible Late Tuesday-Early Wednesday
- Australian court dismisses cardinal’s sex abuse convictions
- Researchers turn CPAP machines into ventilators
- Actor Matthew McConaughey plays virtual bingo with seniors in isolation
- Michigan deputies make deliveries to citizens who are unable to get needed items themselves
- ICYMI: April 6 tristate COVID-19 update
- ‘Let’s hurry up!’: W.Va. Senator calling governor to put unemployment claims first
- CDC tips about cloth face coverings
- Kitties take over the Georgia Aquarium