The new work week begins overcast and damp, with areas of fog and drizzle this morning. Rain showers are possible today, ahead of a cold front that crosses this evening. Colder air arriving in the wake of the front tonight will set the stage for mixed wintry precipitation overnight into Tuesday, as low pressure passes south of the area. Unsettled conditions continue until late in the work week, then high pressure brings drier conditions through the first half of the weekend. Another system is then projected to arrive for the second half of next weekend.

TONIGHT:
Scattered rain showers turning into a wintry mix. Rain and freezing rain and snow overnight. Lows in the 20s. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Winter weather advisories start at 1 a.m. Tuesday morning through the end of the morning.

TUESDAY:
Cloudy skies continue with that wintry mix being dominate in the first half of the day. Then we’ll dry out a bit for the afternoon. Small chance for some late night mixed precip once again mainly south of I-64. Morning chance of precip 70%. Late night chance 30%. Highs in the upper 30s.

WEDNESDAY:
A few scattered rain showers or a light wintry mix early then dry. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of precipitation 30%.

THURSDAY:
Mostly cloudy skies dominate much of the day. Models differ on rain chances . Highs in the low to mid 40s. Chance of rain is 20%.

FRIDAY:
Partly Cloudy skies with colder conditions. Highs in the mid to upper 30s.

SATURDAY:
Very cold start to the day with mostly sunny skies. Highs reaching the low 40s for the afternoon.

SUNDAY:
Mostly cloudy skies with a chance for a stray sprinkle. Highs reaching the upper 40s for the afternoon. Chance of rain is 20%.

MONDAY:
Dry with highs in