Temperatures are dropping across our area. Here is a list of warming centers available to the public.
- Charleston: Roosevelt Neighborhood Center, Salvation Army on Tennessee Avenue – Tuesday & Wednesday 9pm-7am, KRT Transit Mall will have a warming bus on Wednesday. call (304) 357-0191 if you need assistance finding the location of a warming shelter in the Charleston area.
- South Charleston: South Charleston Community Center
- Nitro: Nitro Methodist Church, 2nd Avenue & 20th Street – Opens at 6:00 p.m. Tuesday evening until further notice
- St. Albans: Hansford Center
- Belle: Call (304) 357-0191 if you need to access a warming center in the Belle area
- Sissonville Volunteer Fire Department – 383 Call Rd – Open Wednesday Afternoon And Evening
- Huntington City Mission, 624 10th St., Huntington – Opens when white flag shown, when temperatures decrease below 40 degrees.
- Harmony House, 627 4th Ave, Huntington – Opens at 6 AM when temperatures decrease below 30 degrees.
- Wilderness Fire Department at Mt. Lookout
- The Salvation Army, 570 5th St., Parkersburg 26101
- Latrobe Street Missions, 1725 Latrobe St. Parkersburg 26101
- Parkersburg Area Coalition for the Homeless (House to Home) will be allowing people to come in Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
- The Logan County Office of Emergency Management says local community centers will only be on standby at this time and can be opened if needed. call the Logan County Office of Emergency Management at (304) 752-0917 to request for the warming centers, or call Logan County EOC at (304) 752-7662.
Mason Town Hall – Open All Day Wednesday And Thursday – Police Officer On Duty
Point Pleasant – Mason County Homeless Shelter – 306 12Th St – Open 24 Hours
Ashland – Salvation Army – 2212 Carter Ave – Open To Anyone All Day Wednesday Through Thursday Until At Least 1 PM.
This list is developing. Any warming center submissions should be reported to News@WOWKtv.com or by calling the WOWK-TV 13 Newsroom at (304) 720-6550.